Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for dropping by. I can see from my visitors log that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Please leave a comment so I know you called by!!xx


Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Buttons - Real or Handmade

Our challenge over at Crafty Creations this week is to use buttons, either real or handmade.


After I bought this new stamp set from Stampin Up I had a browse through the Splitcoast Stampers website as they have a complete section dedicated to SU & each stamp set you can buy has it's own gallery of yummy inspiration!

I found this card & couldn't wait to get the set inked up!.

I opted for the handmade option of the button & have used a Sizzlits die & Old Olive cardstock from SU. I've scored across the button to give it a textured look.

The papers are Papermania & the red carstock is the yummy new Cherry Cobbler from SU as is the ink for the red bauble. I've edged the red cardstock with the SU Eyelet Border punch.

The bauble has been doubled up to create a 3D effect & has been blinged with crystals from my stash.

The baubles have been mounted on mats cut with labels 3 nesties & the white mat has been embossed with the snowflake folder.

Pop across & see the inspiration from the rest of the DT & try & join us in this weeks challenge, after all we all love to use buttons.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges this week

Craft Your Passion - Double something on your card (I've doubled the baubles)

One Stop Craft Challenge - Embossing

Wild Orchid Challenges - Classic Christmas ( Red & Green )

11 comments:

Saskia said...

Beautiful card Sharon!! So elegant!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Claire x said...

This is a very traditional card Sharon - love it and that handmade button is just fab! Hugs, Claire x

acreativeneed said...

So beautiful!! I love the 3D ornament, Sharon!!
smiles,Deena

coops said...

stunning classy card sandra.love the fab bauble and gorgeous colours and button :D

xx coops xx

Lauretta See said...

very pretty.. love the color combo and all ;)

thank you for joining us this week on craft your passion. Good luck!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

wow! What a cool 3-d card you made for this week's challenge! I love the stamp you used!

mforquer said...

Sharon - this is gorgeous! Love the 3-D ornament!

elsi67 said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at Wild Orchid Crafts ♥

Karyn said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card! I love the dimension you've got from the baubles! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion this week! x x

Cat Spicer a.k.a. Spicey Cat Chick said...

Lovely card - great details. Thanks for playing at OSC. Love the 3D ornament.

Nicola Anne said...

What an inspirational card. I love everything about it from the unusual use of the stamp, to the colour theme. Well done!! xx