Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for dropping by. I can see from my visitors log that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Please leave a comment so I know you called by!!xx


Tuesday 22 February 2011

A Bliss-ful Weekend - My First Workshop

I had my first Stampin' Up! Workshop at home on Saturday & when I woke up & saw the snow on Saturday morning, I'll be honest, I could have cried!!! Lucky for me the majority of people coming lived locally but even the 3 living further afield braved the snow in the name of crafting!!!

I was really nervous as to whether I would remember all the things I needed to tell the ladies as none of them had heard of Stampin' Up! before so everything was completely new.

On the advise of my lovely Stampin' Up! mum Jules I decided to demonstrate a scrapbook page using the beautiful Bliss set which is free with a spend of £45 or over until 28th February (not long left to get this beauty!!). I haven't done a scrapbook page before & apart from preparing the card & paper mats I was going to use the rest was done on a wing & a prayer lol!!

I've used a 12 x 12 sheet of Blushing Bride paper from the In Color Designer Paper Stack (119799) a mat of Pear Pizzazz paper from the same pack & a mat of Concord Crush cardstock from the In Color Card Pack (121701).

I've stamped the lovely big flourish from the Bliss set using the Pear Pizzazz Classic In Pad (119784). The page is finished off with ruffled 5/8" Organza Ribbon (114319) & journaling with a Stampin Write Marker from the In Color set of 5 markers (119801) in Pear Pizzazz on a tab punched using the Modern Label Extra-Large punch (119849). Some lovely little butterflies from the Bliss set stamped in Rich Razzleberry (115658) & little Basic Pearls (119247) to give that elegant touch. The Bliss wording has been stamped in Rich Razzleberry (115658) over the flourish stamped in Blushing Bride (119786) & punched out using the Full Heart Extra-Large punch (119883)

The whole page came together really well & I'm really pleased with the finished sample. It certainly helped to 'sell' the Bliss set & most of the ladies chose this as their free set after purchasing over £45 (before p&p) from the catalogue.

They all went on to make a 'make & take' I demonstrated & were all delighted with their stamping skills. All in all a very good workshop & a great start to my Stampin' Up! career as I also took a booking for another workshop. I managed to achieve a 'Level 3 Hostess Gift' & chose the Occasional Quotes & £60 in free goodies from the catalogue, the great thing about being the Demonstrator & Hostess for the workshop.

If you want to purchase anything from the catalogue or are interested in anything to do with Stampin' Up! then please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for looking.

I'm entering this is the following challenges

ABC Challenge - Old Fashioned (I think the flourish & Bliss give this a vintage feel)

Incy Wincy Designs - Use punches

My Time To Craft - Hats (Johns top hat is in the picture!!)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear it went so well Sharon - and your layout is adorable - you chose a fab photo to work with - 2 wee young things so much in love!! bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second creation today that I've seen using Rich Razzleberry. I think it is such a great name! Love your scrappy page. A really lovely piccy, and very nicely laid out with not too much clutter. Classic and elegant. A wonderful creation. Thanks for joining in with our die/punches theme at Incy Wincy this week. Hope to see you again next week. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete