Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for dropping by. I can see from my visitors log that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Please leave a comment so I know you called by!!xx


Thursday 5 August 2010

Cute Card Thursday - Whateva!!

This weeks theme over at Cute Card Thursday is an open theme so you can do whatever you want. These are some gifts I made for my youngest daughters teacher as she has been so lovely all year & Dara has really enjoyed being in her class. I bought a plain notebook which had dividers in it & a plastic cover so this will protect the cover I've decorated.

I made a 'flap' & only attached it down the left hand side so the front cover of the notebook can still be seen. The hinge is just at the side of the white lace & the cardstock used is from Stampin Up. The pink paper which is from Kay & Co has been punched in the four corners using a Hobbycraft punch. I've made the flowers from Nestability die in two different sizes & then cut between the scallops to create a flower. I've made buttons using a Sizzix die to match the cardstock & finished off with some embroidery cotton. The flower stems are made using Bi Bunny ribbon which has been stapled using a mini stapler. The teachers name & class are computer printed.
I also made some Post It note holders using a download from the Shabby Shoppe Teachers Pet Gift Collection. These were so easy to make as you just print them out & follow the instructions which are printed along side the project. I've finished them off using some Papermania magnetic clasps which I bought from The Range.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous teacher gifts Sharon..you've been a busy crafty gal! bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these flowers are so fun and funky!!! Love em! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these are great.fab gifts.love the flowers on your notebook :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! wonderful idea for a teachers gift!! love it!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUGE welcome onboard MRs...I am THRILLED you are joining us! bx

    ReplyDelete