Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for dropping by. I can see from my visitors log that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Please leave a comment so I know you called by!!xx


Wednesday 12 November 2008

Whiff Of Joy Challenge 8 - Boys Christmas

The challenge this week at Whiff of Joy is to create a boys Christmas card but don't use the colour BLUE. I only have one boy Whiff of Joy stamp & that's Charlie with his snowman but isn't he the cutest.
I've coloured him using Whispers & the DP is Papermania Traditional Christmas. I've mounted a Brenda Pinnick frame over the top of Charlie & embellished that with some opaque snowflakes & then Quickutz snowflakes cut from glitter card on top with red swarski crystals in the middle.

The white Christmas trees are from Madabout Cards & the words are taken from the cuttlebug embossing folder. I've finished off with a Christmas tree charm tied with embroidery cotton.

I realised afterwards that the frame would have gone through my cuttlebug as the more I look at it the plainer it looks but I wasn't going to start dismantling the card lol!! . . . . . maybe next time.
I've given Charlie some snowballs to throw when he's finished building his snowman.

17 comments:

  1. I've used him too, he's so cute! I love the little pom-poms you've used and the trees look fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon
    your card is so great and beautiful!!
    Yes, it was hard for me too, not using blue!!!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Sharon.Love the effect with the frame.Gorgeous cute image and I love the little trees.


    Cass xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is so cute ~what a fantastic card ~ really well thought out layout and detail ~just gorgeous
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there,stranger!!!! U ok?
    Your card is fab,very jolly & xmassy :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Sharon, love it all, the tree's look brilliant. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous trees and fab colouring. And all this from the lady who hated stamping....! ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Sharon, I love those wintery trees! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful dear. I so love the coloring and your trees are just awesome dear. I love those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card such a gorgeous image ,love it ,Dawnxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh Sharon it's fantastic hunny! Love the layout, the fab papers and the bright colours - a magical boys card!
    hugs Bev x

    ps. found some metallic thread - Gutterman is supoosed to be just the job - I'll let you know how I get on

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card - love the frame effect. Great colouring and papers.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic card!!!!!
    hugs tina46

    ReplyDelete
  14. a wonderful card, brilliant job, thanks for joining in with the challenge this week. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. hes gorgeous, so cute...and your colours and blending is fab
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow Sharon this is gorgeous, love the cute frame and xmas tree's - I love it.
    Hope your well
    hugs :)x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome card Sharon, love all the added embellishments, it really gives you a lot to look at. LOuise x

    ReplyDelete