Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for dropping by. I can see from my visitors log that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Please leave a comment so I know you called by!!xx


Sunday 4 July 2010

Anyone For Anya - Anything Goes

Here is my third DT card for the Anyone For Anya Challenge blog.

This weeks challenge at Anything For Anya is 'Anything Goes' so I decided to go to town on techniques I haven't used for a while.

Firstly the style of card, an easel card, so effective!! I've only made an easel card once before & as I sell my cards it's not a card I make very often because once it's in it's celaphane jacket it's really hard to tell how much work has gone in to the card & as the sentiment is very often on the base, the top doesn't 'sell' the card (if you know what I mean??) so it's very often more trouble than it's worth.

So I decided to make this card for one of my daughters friends whose birthday it was yesterday so hopefully by the time you read this she will have figured out how the card stands up lol!!!

I've used the lovely Anya with shopping which is one of my favorite Anya images as all my girls & their friends love to shop so it's an image I use quite alot of!

I've paper-pieced her outfit, which is another technique I haven't used for a while, and coloured the rest of the image with copics.

The paper is from my stash & as it was really the focal point of the card I've only used a little bit of ribbon on the top of the card so as not to cover it up completely.

The ribbon is from Stampin Up as is the cardstock. I've printed the ticket on the PC & the sentiment is one of the little Studio G stamps.

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. Cute card Sharon. I too love this Anya image and it's been far too long since I used her, must rectify that. I see you are a fan of the new SU melon mambo goodies as I am, love this colour!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card sharon,fab image and love the layout and those papers are great.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that shade of red cardstock........... great card. And yes I know what you mean about th Easel card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shade of red cardstock........... great card Sharon.

    And I know what you mean about easel cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Loving your paper piecing, just perfect. Fab DT card Sharon ~x~

    ReplyDelete