Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for dropping by. I can see from my visitors log that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Please leave a comment so I know you called by!!xx


Monday 23 June 2008

Friday Sketchers Week 7


Here is my card for this weeks Friday Sketchers. I loved this sketch & have kept it in my favorites folder for use in the future. I've been dying to use my new Sweet Ebony stamp (I bought this one & the picking apples one last week) and just adore this sweet image.
How disappointed am I in my colouring . . . . . . . VERY!!!
I have been using a range of card from Wilkinsons which at less than £2.50 for 50 sheets it has been an absolute bargain. So when I went to my local one on Saturdy & saw the stocks dwindling I grabbed a couple of packs as I needed to print out my DD's 13th party invites as well.
The fact that the 40 invites took ages to dry should have rung alarm bells but I went ahead & stamped off half a dozen Sweet Ebonys ready for a relaxing Sunday afternoon watercolouring.
To find they've only change the coating on the card !!!!!!!! to gloss !!!!!!!! I've checked the product code & everything matches the card I already had except the finish. This means that watercolour pencils don't work on the card & my whispers have come out all blotchy . . . . . . . . soooooo disappointed so I'll be taking the lot back lol!!!
Anyway, back to the sketch lol!!
I've used Papermania Retro Floral DP & I've run blue card through my cuttlebug. The flowers, ribbon & brads are from my stash. I've even bravely stamped the sentiment directly on to the DP lol!!
Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love how you put the three flowers on!! So frustrating when the change the papers.... Thanks for joining in. If you like I have some blogcandy to win....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very lovely card!
    Thanks for your participation.
    Mumur

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the image and flowers especially

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, love this image.
    Carole ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this stamp im gonna have to add it to my wish list

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks luvly to me!!! :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sharon!
    I've had exactly the same thing happen with where I used to get my card....just a tad frustrating!! lol.
    Kerry xxx

    ReplyDelete