Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for dropping by. I can see from my visitors log that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Please leave a comment so I know you called by!!xx


Thursday 23 October 2008

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 33 - The Stars at Night



Well I had great fun making this card. After seeing lots of fab stitching on so many cards I've been very close (a few times) to buying a Janome Mini sewing machine but just couldn't justify the £50. Then I remembered I bought a sewing machine years & years ago so set to in the loft (which is also where I have my craft area) to try & find it. Buried under loads of boxes for electrical goods we've bought over the last few years was a very old & very dusty Janome sewing machine!!. It's certainly not mini & weighs an absolute ton but it works & better still I remembered how to thread it so after working out the different stitches I put it to use on my card for this weeks Cute Card Thursday challenge & this week where they would like to see some stars.


I've used a downloaded image from Cuddly Buddly called Giggles Nativity which have to be some of the cutest nativity images available.
I've had a go at stitching round the image . . . now please don't look closely LOL!! I'm working on the basis that it's a childs nativity scene so should look as though a childs had hold of a sewing machine!!!

I've made s shooting star type bead thingy & attached a Cuddly Buddly sentiment stamp.

The DP is Papermania christmas paper.
I really enjoyed making this card although it brought back painful memories of managing to sew through my index finger in a sewing lesson in high school lol!!!

16 comments:

  1. Oh this is fab, great image and a design Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,your card is great,well done on the stitching!!! :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon its adorable! You are so brave using a machine...I do all mine by hand...and pen! LOL! Hope you are well. Hugs Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, the stitching looks fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sharon, that image is soo cute & the stitching looks fab :o)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Love the stitching

    Mrs w x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card. Love the image and the stitching.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely image, will have to check out the website

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Your card is `Lovely` Love your creations...
    `Thanks` for visiting my blog:)Sharon and `Thanks` for linking me up!!!:)
    `Good Luck` in the draw:)
    Have a lovely Evening:)~X~

    ReplyDelete
  10. sharon this card is adorable ~those cuddly buddly images are just so cute!! ~love the stitching ~you are clever!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this cute card Sharon, aren't cuddly buddly great? Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card Sharon, I always seem to be using square cards ATM,but this is fab!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card, the image is cute and the stitching looks amazing! Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, such a sweet image and fab papers - love the stitching too

    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sharon, your card is fantastic love the stitching detail. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fab Sharon, I love how you've attached your sentiment! xx

    ReplyDelete