Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for dropping by. I can see from my visitors log that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Please leave a comment so I know you called by!!xx


Saturday 12 April 2008

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. I have had some precious family time today & took 2 of my girls swimming this afternoon. With the girls at school all week & doing various activities on an evening it's nice to share some time with them where I'm not just a 'taxi' driver.

Yesterday I decided it was time to get the 2008 First Holy Communion samples underway. This is the 4th year I've made personalised cards mainly through school & church.
My inspiration for one of the cards for this year was the Golden Wedding Anniversary card I posted on Wednesday.

I've kept the basic card the same, changing the colours & adding a cross embellishment.


My intention was just to change the pink to blue for the boys but after talking to my friend who has 3 boys she thought it would still be too girly . . . . . . . . so . . . . . . . . I'm going to change the birds & swirls to swiss dots but I'm stuck for what to replace the pink ribbon with. Any ideas . . . . . . all will be very gratefully received!!!



I also spent alot of time yesterday therapeutically winding my ribbon prize on to dolly pegs. This was the delicious prize from Michelle at Poppicrafts. If you haven't paid a visit to her shop yet, you should. She has some fab 'bits & pieces', some I haven't seen anywhere else. I can definately say the ribbon is high quality & the designs on the cross grain are gorgeous.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    Glad you got them ok, They look really cute on those pegs. I love how delicate and soft these cards look - theyre truly lovely.
    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, sorry cant email as my computer crashed today and I've lost everything... arrrhh
    Anyway wanted to let you know that I have your PIF together and it will be in the post tomorrow.
    Hugs
    Tracie :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crads look great,what about just a blue brad for the boys,instead of ribbon?!!! :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely card Sharon, very elegant. As for boys, I'm with you, usually at a loss with their cards. Your ribbons look fab & a great idea with the dolly pegs!!
    Kerry xxx

    ReplyDelete