Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for dropping by. I can see from my visitors log that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Please leave a comment so I know you called by!!xx


Wednesday 2 April 2008

Poppicraft Challenge





I'm always popping in to the Poppicraft blog and to the shop site just to see what new ideas & goodies Michelle has. I've placed only one order so far but the customer service and delivery is excellent, the only trouble is the products are so yummy you have to be quick off the mark to get the new products especially the ribbon kits.

While browsing I noticed that the challenge was to create a card with an unusual use for ribbon and the prize is 50 yards of ribbon !! . . . not for me I thought. I'm fine following a sketch etc but something this creative was best left to the design teams LOL!!

So I felt disappointed and sorry for Michelle when I checked in today to find that only one person had entered to win this great prize . . . get your act together I thought . . . so I did LOL! and here's the result.






I've made the skirt from ribbon (the unusual use of ribbon part).

I've coloured the image using whispers & sakura pens & for the cake I've used pink 3D paint & stickles.



I've then decoupaged the top to cover where I've threaded the ribbon through (made holes with my eyelet tool)







I'm really pleased with the finished card & decided these challenges are good to get the creative juices flowing.

20 comments:

  1. That is a very lovely card! If you read RealSimple magazine, it reminds me of some of their clothing articles, where they create the person & the clothes out of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this card???? A skirt made from ribbon!! Thank you for joining in. You said that this wasnt really your thing, using ribbon, I think that youve done a great job and really appreciate that you took the time to enter, even if you did feel sorry for me, LOL.
    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really clever Sharon! I like the challenges too because they make you think of things you wouldn't normaly do.

    Janet X

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so effective, I wish I had your tallent

    Love Viks from Post Pals.co.uk and Docrafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo lovely, would never of thought of putting ribbons for a skirt and it looks so effective. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been so busy! All great cards but I love the ribbon idea. very simple but looks fab! ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  7. really lovely card, love the way you have used the ribbons, great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and what a fab idea with the ribbon.
    I've tagged you Sharon.Check my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card & a really clever idea.
    Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovley card. Love the use of the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, it's me again! I've been a pain I'm afraid, I've tagged you! Sorry! Looking forward to hearing your 7 random facts! ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever : ) This is a great idea Sharon! Lilli looks great : )

    Liz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Congratulations!
    What a gorgeous card & such a clever idea for the use of the ribbon, you'll have no excuse not to use ribbons with the fab prize you bagged, well done again :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Well Michelle chose the right card. What originality, I love it. Well done
    Michelles Mum

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You won! I'm not surprised though, it was a FABULOUS idea! Well done! ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, That's wonderful news!
    The Card is beautiful and has given me inspiration
    Thanks!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is really pretty! I like the ribbon skirt and how you embellished the top!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done you !! I love your idea - how cool is that!!! Pretty colours as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very creative it's fabulous....

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a simply, brilliant use of ribbon!! Wow!! Well deserved win!!

    After reading about the comp and only one entry, I too set about making mine, unfortunately (never know if that's spelt right?!) anyway, being Mum, stopped to make dinner, as you do, 30 minutes after consuming said dinner came down with food poisoning from the salmon we'd just eaten, henceforth my entry is still sitting on my craft room table!!
    Look forward to the next competition, and note to self...finish card making before feeding family, must get my priorities in order!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete